First Baptist Church of Oak Park is situated in Suburban Chicago, just outside the city’s western border. We are known as a friendly, diverse congregation and our diversity brings an enhancement to our church life and fellowship as we all share a strong commitment to Christ, our church, and to each other. We value our strong tradition of generosity and compassion not only to our members, but in our regular Mission and other support, to local and international endeavors. We are strongly committed to the ABC/USA and adhere to our Baptist beliefs and practices.
Sunday service is at 10:00 AM, with Sunday School for all ages, before and after the service. Childcare and Nursery Service is available during the worship service.
As we look to the future, we believe that there are exciting possibilities to deepen our relationship to God and to strengthen our commitment to each other, our community and the world at large.
Our foundation was, is and always will be the Word of God and so we will conduct ourselves, to the best of our ability and with the help of God, as true disciples.
Specifically, we seek the following:
- To provide worship services that inspire and encourage us through Biblical and practical preaching, prayer, and a music experience from a mixture of classical, contemporary, traditional and Black Gospel hymns and selections, utilizing a variety of musical accompaniments.
- To develop ministries that address the needs of young families with children, youth, young adults and professionals, middle age individuals, and seniors, to make our message more attractive and relevant to their differing life stages.
- To grow spiritually through a greater understanding of our faith by integrating it daily into our work and relationships, and faithfulness in prayer, Bible study, regular church attendance and small group fellowship.
- To build on our caring outreaches to our congregation, community and the world, by being more intentional, compassionate and understanding so that through us, God’s love comes to life in times of need.
- To be faithful in carrying out the responsibilities of lay leadership, working hand in hand with our Pastoral leadership, to increase efficiency in operations, improve communication, and be better stewards of resources that God has blessed us, including our building, activities, programs and gifts for our congregation and others.
- To continue our strong financial support of our church’s ministries, operations, and Missions.
- To emphasize our relationship with ABC/USA and its affiliates, and pursue opportunities to unite with other churches and agencies within and outside our community for fellowship and service.